01 April, 2012

WORDfudge 100 Post Blowout

Today is an historic day for WORDfudge. My humble blogroll has seen her share of battles (and audience members). I'm amazed I could focus enough to write one article, but now... my 100th post. I'm truly speechless. And since that sentiment doesn't include writing, let me take a few paragraphs to tell you why.

It's funny how an achievement like 100 posts can cause a guy to reflect on what he's accomplished. For me, those hard-hitting articles had to be written, mostly for safety reasons really, since the hardest hitting people don't read. Hours of my time spent reviewing and then writing about books, movies, games, all without benefit of monetary compensation. And those fabulous guest celebrities whom I mocked and ridiculed from the safety of Podunk, Ohio. Such glorious times in cyberspace.

And yet, a successful web-to-blog transplant and hours of image tweaking later and I'm still tucked away in a corner of the Internet sharpening my prose. I step back at 100 posts and wonder if my goal from the start was obscurity. The amazing adventures of my voice lurking in a virtual candy store, whispering opinions and research to passers by. My words never had a chance to make an impact. If every one of my posts turned out to be a page long, that's 100 pages of bloviating.

WORDfudge is nothing more than a snark-peddling fudge factory. Nobody buys snark when it's directed at them. You have to give it to them. Take it to them. Hurl it at them.

So, to honor this momentous occasion for the blog WORDfudge, I've decided to blow her to smithereens. [pause for gasps] Now, now, your fictional concerns are appreciated and well timed, but it's for the best. Doing so will break me out of my comfort zone. And besides, my purpose for writing is more than window dressing from this point forward. I've discovered a few (virtual) public venues for amateur writing... Consider this my launchpad for other sites:

WORDbomb!

It's a whole new agenda for my causal online writing life. And that means it's time to say good-bye to the fudge factory! Get your gay jokes in while you can, folks, 'cause she's about to go... 

kuhBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!
* No writers were harmed in the destruction of this blog.

No comments: